Diverse M2M and IoT technologies for Digital Wayfinding Systems are transforming the way we share information to navigate public transit systems.
New M2M (Machine-to-Machine) and IoT (Internet of Things) technologies are driving innovative digital wayfinding solutions, reinventing and creating new communications and information sharing opportunities for public transit systems. With smart wayfinding signage and wireless connectivity, digital wayfinding systems are delivering interactive, dynamic, real-time, location-based information and wayfinding solutions. Indoor and outdoor dynamic wayfinding signage can identify locations, map travel routes, map passenger terminal and station routes, share schedules, point-to-point arrivals and departures, gate updates, and more.
As a systems integrator, we advise on the design and configuration of routers, WiFi, digital wayfinding signage, and other devices and applications—to streamline and facilitate the efficient collection and quick transfer of data. Our solutions offer rugged, durable devices and secure, reliable, robust performance. By adding an M2M module in the remote access communications configuration, your digital wayfinding solutions allow you to:
- Control and display real-time, intelligent content via the remote communication devices quickly and easily with management tools
- Reduce costs by reducing travel to signage sites vs. traditional display signs
- Increase ROI via remote access and responsive signs, eliminating static sign management and maintenance
- Optimize passenger traffic flow sharing relevant information as riders connect and navigate your transit system
- Simplify wayfinding through signage, interactive kiosks, and mobile apps, creating a positive end-user experience
Choosing the correct wireless products to meet your digital wayfinding signage communications, technical, and security requirements is critical to a reliable solution. DH Wireless Solutions has the experience to ensure you realize the most from your investment.
Comprehensive Transit System Wayfinding Solutions
We work closely with public transit systems to analyze their digital wayfinding needs. We integrate our OEM partners’ Class I, Div 2 Certified modems, routers, signage, kiosks, and other product lines, along with cellular/wireless carrier services, to help you optimize your digital wayfinding solutions.