The easiest way to reduce M2M cellular support costs and business risks is to implement SaaS (cloud-based) Device Management applications. These solutions allow your business to control and protect all of your data and gateway configuration settings for every modem/router in your network. The intent of Device Management is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.
Specifically, Device Management focuses on:
- DEPLOYMENT – configure devices by groups or individually, and update firmware easily with just a few clicks for installation.
- MANAGEMENT – monitor device statuses in real-time and set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G data usage and network uptime.
- OPTIMIZATION – easy-to-use network analytics that helps optimize WAN traffic that improves network performance and the user experience quality.
Cloud-based device management applications make it easy to deploy, monitor, and upgrade wireless devices remotely.
- CalAmp = Device Outlook
- CradlePoint = Enterprise Cloud Management (ECM)
- Red Lion = SixView
- Sierra Wireless = AirLink Management Service (ALMS)